Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sugar Free Banana Oat Muffins

I accidently made these muffins sugar free this morning. In my defense it was 5am and I had yet to have my morning cup of joe. I just wanted to have something warm for the kiddos to eat for breakfast on a chilly morning (temps in the mid 20s, brrr). I didn’t realize I had forgot to add sugar until after they were baked and I had went to eat one. Well the flavor wasn’t bad, just not sweet at all. However, with a little smear of butter these are just fine. I liked the second one I ate better than the first.

005

Sugar-Free Banana Oat Muffins I made 16 muffins with this recipe

  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 cup of oats (I used old-fashioned not quick)
  • 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
  • 4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 medium bananas, mashed
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup of milk ( more if needed)
  1. Mix all the dry ingredients in large bowl.
  2. In another bowl, beat eggs add bananas and milk. Pour into dry ingredients and mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Be careful not to over stir.
  3. Fill greased muffin tins about 3/4 full and bake at 425 degrees for ~15 minutes, until golden.

Nutrition Data

Calories: 139

Total Fat: 1.8g

saturated fat: 0.5g

Polyunsaturated fat 0.4g

Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g

Cholesterol: 24 mg

Sodium: 210 mg

Potassium: 119 mg

Total Carb: 26 g

Dietary Fiber: 2g

Sugars: 3g

Protein: 5g

Vit. A: 1.6%

Vit. C: 2.4%

Calcium: 10.2%

Iron: 11%

No comments:

Post a Comment