Saturday, July 14, 2012

Do or Do Not...

The ladies who run Skinny Ms. website have posted another challenge. This is a 30 day ab challenge and I think I'll do this one.  I'm not going to try and do it, I'm going to finish it. Speaking of "try," I need to take a couple of words/phrases out of my vocabulary. One is the word "try," if I say try I'm automatically giving myself a way out. Say if I only finish a week of a 30 day challenge, well I tried...I didn't try, I got lazy and quit. For a while I'm taking the try out and putting do. I'm going to do this, I have to do this.

The other word is willpower. I'll drink a soda when we have it and just chalk it up to having no willpower. Another lazy way out, I can always choose not to drink. I'm using the word willpower as another excuse for bad decisions.

So from now on I won't try, I'll do. I won't say I have no willpower to stop something(or start). I'll just do it. I read it can take anywhere from 21 days to 60 days to create a new habit. I usually make it 2 weeks before I stop or slow down. I know I can battle through and make new habits. I can quit drinking soda, I can finish a 30 day challenge, I can stick with a workout plan. It's all a matter of determination, not willpower. Willpower is a human weakness, an excuse. I'm working on reducing my weakness, ending excuses. In the famous words of Yoda "Do or Do Not...There is no Try."

I hope you dear readers all have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment