Tuesday, July 10, 2012

It's the 2nd week of July, already!

One day this summer feels like it's dragging by...then a week later I wonder where time has gone.  Sorry I haven't been posting much, between work and kiddies I've stayed busy.
I'm still going to the gym, just not as much as I should. Last week I only went once, this week I plan on going every other day and then working out at home in between times.  So yesterday I went did spin bike for a few minutes, ran/walk on the treadmill for about 15 minutes then 10x up and down the stairs(there's 26 of them, I counted yesterday).  I finished up with ab machine, leg press, leg extension, abductor/adductors and some decline crunches.
I plan on signing up for my next 5k this week. The race is next month, so I need to up my running so I can beat my time.  It's hard to run when morning temps are in the 80s and 90% humidity.  I can handle the heat no problem...the humidity saps my energy though.  I'm thinking of running in the late afternoon(about 5-6pm), but that has other issues as well. There's more traffic/people about, it's hotter(but less humid) and we're usually fixing/eating dinner at this time.  Oh well, I'll work it out somehow.
I guess I need to get off here and get moving, I've got a ton of outdoors/yard stuff I want to get done today and they're calling for rain this afternoon. I've got my fingers crossed that it rains and not just thunders and pretend like it's going to happen.  My veggies and flowers and water bill appreciate every little drop the clouds allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment