3/4 cup of quinoa, dry uncooked
1 can of spinach, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Cook quinoa in rice cooker, I followed package directions and used 2x as much water as quinoa
- cook and drain sausage. I cooked mine in the oven at 400 for 15-20 minutes while quinoa was cooking.
- Scramble eggs and then add spinach, heat through.
- Add cheese to eggs and spinach mix. Stir till cheese is melted
- Combine ingredients either before serving or let everyone combine them how they wish.
5 Servings, Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 20.1 g
Saturated Fat 6.7 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.6 g
Monounsaturated Fat 7.5 g
Cholesterol 222.1 mg
Sodium 710.6 mg
Potassium 369.5 mg
Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 24.0 g
This recipe also has 90% of Vitamin A, 25% of Iron, 18% of Calcium daily values. I highlighted the Protein, because that's an awesome amount of protein for the calories.Using fresh spinach and fresh sausage could possibly lower the sodium content. I also added picante sauce to mine, but didn't include it in the nutrition analysis.
|Sorry it's not a prettier picture, my phone takes lousy ones and my batteries are dead in my camera.|