Friday, September 13, 2013

Happy Friday the 13th

For your viewing pleasure on this wonderful Friday the 13th I give you me. Before and after my run this morning. I look much happier post run, though my face looks thicker, lol. Probably just the angle I have my phone. Love the red cheeks and hair that is anywhere but where it's suppose to be. I also don't usually run with my glasses on because I don't like the way they slide over my face.

Anyway, it's been a great week and I just thought I would post a few sentences to finish it out. I'm doing okay on my current dietbet game. I've lost 2.4 lbs so far and have 5 more to go. I have 20 days to do those 5 lbs, so I really need to get my rear in gear.

Other then all that, I really do not have much to update. I guess I'll leave you with a recipe for Cranberry muffins that I made for breakfast this morning. They were the perfect combination of sweet and tart and hit the spot.

Cranberry Muffins
makes about 18 big/regular muffins or 12 regular  muffins and 12 mini muffins.

3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup flaxmeal
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 stick of butter
2 eggs
1 cup fresh cranberries ( I have some frozen from last December)
1 1/2 cups of water

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2.Mix all the dry ingredients
3. Cut butter into flour mix.
4. beat eggs and mix in water. Add to dry ingredients, mix till dry ingredients are moist
5. Gently fold/stir in cranberries
6. Pour into Muffin tins and bake 20 minutes. until golden brown

Nutritional info (based on 1 regular muffin serving)
18 Servings
Amount Per Serving
  Calories 166.4
  Total Fat 6.9 g
     Saturated Fat 3.4 g
     Polyunsaturated Fat 0.9 g
     Monounsaturated Fat 1.7 g
  Cholesterol 34.5 mg
  Sodium 74.1 mg
  Potassium 37.0 mg
  Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
     Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
     Sugars 5.9 g
  Protein 3.6 g
  Vitamin A 4.6 %
   Vitamin C 1.2 %
   Calcium 1.4 %
  Iron 7.1 %

No comments:

Post a Comment