Saturday, March 26, 2011

Looking for Ideas

Okay since I had my teeth removed and got the immediate denture I've not had much of an appetite.  It's hard to think of clever, yummy, healthy foods when it hurts to chew.  The pain is getting better and hopefully the dentist will fix the looseness of the denture so it irritates my gum less when I go in on Monday.
However, I'm needing ideas of recipes to re-create or modify to make them softer and delicious while being clean and healthy.  If anyone reading this blog has an idea or would like to see something done to a recipe just leave a comment.  One idea I'm tossing around is a clean version of a family favorite called Chicken Rotel.  It has chicken, Doritos, Velvetta cheese and Rotel(canned diced tomatoes with green chilis) all layered in a casserole dish and baked.  Making a clean version of this will be very difficult.  Especially since Velvetta isn't really cheese but a processed cheese product.  Nope not clean, and cheddar doesn't melt the same. As for the Doritos, I can make homemade tortillas or take store bought tortillas(making sure to read labels) and bake them to a crisp.   I have ideas and I may be able to come close without spending a bundle on a dish.  I think that'll be a good project for the next week or two.  I'll fit it in around my classwork and post here once I come up with a good recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment