Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Banana Oat Muffins

These went over well with the kids this morning.  Wish I would of gotten a picture, but I forgot and then they were gone.  So I'll have to remember for next time.

Banana Oat Muffins
1 cup of Oats
1 and 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Eggs
1 lg Banana
1/2 cup Agave Nectar
1/4 cup Molasses
1 cup evaporated milk (this is only because I was out of any other kind of milk...feel free to use what you have).
1/4 cup canola oil


  1. Mix together all the dry ingredients: Oats, Whole Wheat Flour, Baking Powder, Salt.
  2. Add wet ingredients: Eggs, Banana, Agave, Molasses, Milk and Oil.
  3. I know your suppose to mix the dry in a large bowl, then mix the wet in another bowl and then add them together. However, I'm a bit lazy and don't like dishes so I put all my dry ingredients in a large bowl then kind of hollow it out and add my wet ingredients and mix.  I've not yet had a problem with my muffins or cookies or whatever recipe calls for separate bowls not turning out.
  4. Pour into muffin tin and put into a 400 degree oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, until brown and done.


Nutritional Data
Calories 242
Calories from fat 59
Total Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 36 mg
Sodium 196 mg
Total Carbohydrate 41g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugars 18g
Protein 7g

No comments:

Post a Comment