Thursday, March 8, 2012

Staying Motivated With a New Challenge

One of my biggest hurdles is staying motivated, keeping on track.  I start good, I'm just not good at finishing.  I'm real good at backsliding.
Challenges help me somewhat, especially if it's one where I feel I'll be held accountable for finishing.  They give me a set time, a set goal. I can make lots of goals, just not a lot of good goals.  A good goal follows the SMART acronym: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely.  Just saying I want to lose weight is not a good goal.  Saying I want to lift weights 3x a week is a good goal. I'm going to give up soda=not a good goal. I'm going to give up soda for 1 week = good goal. After you complete the goal you reassess and see what your next goal will be.  I know how to set good goals, I just fail to in my own life.

Challenges help me do what I know how to do but for whatever reason can't.  So, I've signed up for another challenge and this one is 1 Month No Sweets Challenge on weighttraining.com. I got this link from the Athletarian's post.

So here's to reading labels and trying to fight this never ending sweet tooth I seem to of developed since the start of Spring semester (I blame Organic Chemistry).

No comments:

Post a Comment