Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Updating and a Recipe

Well, I didn't do too bad over the weekend I think. I didn't log my foods and well, I didn't workout either. So maybe I didn't too well. My excuse is that Auntie Flo's visit was pretty rough and I just didn't feel like anything Saturday, and Sunday we had a family day of cleaning house (and I painted the hall closet). So I guess that counts as activity.  I was going to post yesterday but I ended up working and so I didn't log foods then either. However, I do count standing for 6 hours (3 hours then sit for 30 minute  15 minute lunch break then stand the last 3 hours) as exercise.

So I will log today, though I think I'm going to have a bad day so I'm not sure how well my diet will be. I'm a bit of an emotional eater and when a bad day strikes I either don't eat or reach for junk.  If I can make it through without wanting a Dr Pepper I'll be great.

Oh and here's my recipe for the day. Sorry no pics, the kiddies inhaled it as soon as I pulled it out of the oven, it was yummy. I'm loosely calling this a recipe, the amounts are an estimate as I was kinda just throwing things in a bowl and stirring. I did measure out the flour though.

Baked Oatmeal w/ Raisins 
serves about 8 or 4 hungry kids and one mom
~274 calories per serving, 5.2 g fat, 52.9mg chol., 211.2mg sodium, 52.1g carb, 4.3g fiber, 18.6g sugar, 6.6g protein.

2 1/2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
1 1/3 cups flour
1/2 brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 cup of raisins
1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 eggs
1 cup almond milk (though I'm sure any milk will work)

Mix the dry ingredients, mix the wet ingredients then mix the two together.  Pour into a greased 8x11 (2qt) baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees (don't forget to preheat oven) for 30 minutes until golden brown and set (should bounce back when pressed like a cake).  Cut and enjoy.

We ate ours fresh out of the oven while it was still hot. If you're wanting a treat you could also take and make a simple sugar glaze with powdered sugar and milk and drizzle over the top. You could also add in any other fruit or nuts for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment