Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First Day of Summer

So what are you doing to day to welcome in Summer? I'll be sitting in a Chemistry class for an hour and a half then coming home eat lunch, do homework, and going for a run.  I was going to go this morning, but I'm just not a workout in the morning type of person.  On top of that I went to bed a bit late last night and my sinuses are acting up so yea, not going to happen right now.  This afternoon, though, I'll put on my shorts, hook up my mp3 player and take off. I'm going to restart the week one of the couch to 5k plan.  It's suppose to be upper 80s today with chances of rain, so I may be running between the rain drops.
Yesterday's workout was finished at nearly 10pm last night, but I did it.  Hubby didn't get home from work till 9am and so when the rest of us got home he was sleeping and I didn't want to disturb him by working out (my Gazelle makes a bit of noise).  Still I did it and I'm glad I did.  Now I wish I would of gone to bed before 11 because I'm going to be dragging for a bit.
Okay in the midst of all this rambling I'll write about today's plan. Exercise: run/walk C25K, 10-20 minutes of  yoga.  Food: breakfast was coffee and scrambled eggs(about 1 egg) with smoked sausage (about an oz), Parmesan cheese(about 1/2 oz) and salsa(about 1 T); lunch tuna salad sandwiches and baked potatoes; dinner will be mixed bean soup with smoked sausage and a veggie(I hadn't decided yet) and biscuits or cornbread.
I know bean soup seems odd in the summertime, but I'm making it in a crock-pot so it won't heat the kitchen up. Also, the bread(whichever I make) will take 20 minutes or less so it won't heat the kitchen up too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment