Tuesday, June 28, 2011

That Running Feeling

You know that little high you feel when you finish your run for the day.  Well even if you don't I do. I feel so fit and in shape(even if I'm not) when I finish.  I like morning runs the best, around 6am-7am.  In my neighborhood that's the time those who work days are usually all gone, so little traffic. Everyone else is still in their homes and beds. I just make sure one of my kiddies are awake and then go for my 20 minute run.  It's just me, my mp3 player and the pavement (and my cell phone for just in case).
I've not been real consistent with my running lately and I have to change that.  The 5k I signed up for is in just over 7 weeks and I need to be ready.  So this week I'm going to try to run everyday(well for the rest of the week anyway).  Then next week on I'll aim for 3-4 days. I want to train not burn out or risk injury.  My goal is not to win the 5k but to have a strong finish.  If I can run the whole way without walking then I'll say it's a success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment