Monday, October 31, 2011

Foot Update

Well, I went to the e.r. yesterday for xrays and found my foot wasn't broken. It is pretty badly sprained. As evidenced by the following pictures. I'm really, super, glad that it's not broken. I don't think I could do broken well. Being off my foot for 2 days is killing me and I don't think I could do 6 weeks. As it is I'm having to schedule make up days for two exams for today since I'm home nursing this foot. According to the paperwork from the hospital it can take 3-6 weeks for a sprain to heal. According to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons it can take 4 to 6 weeks. I like 3 to 6 better. I've been googling and most runners are back on their feet, running, in about a week. Since I have weak ankles anyway I think I'll be back walking on the treadmill in a week or so then take it slowly back up to running. I really don't want a repeat, or anything worse, happening. I'm glad I didn't sign up for the 5k on campus next saturday though.

Comparison picture from yesterday. The swelling was worse then, today it's not quite that bad.

Comparison picture from Saturday, the bad foot is the one on the right.

On a bit of a side note...I really need to redo the fingernail polish on my toenails.





No comments:

Post a Comment