Friday, October 14, 2011

Save the Tatas and Run

Race for the Cure

    On Saturday morning, October 29 2011, I will be lacing up and running 3.1 miles in support of the Susan B Komen Race for the Cure.  This raises money for breast cancer research and also supports me on my path to being healthier.
     I think I'm just about ready to run.  My only fear is that I've been training almost exclusively on the treadmill in the gym, running about 2-2.5 miles 3x a week.  According to the treadmill I'm doing about 14:30 miles...that's not good enough for me.  If you recall on my very first 5k I did 38:42, 14:30 miles does not equal 38:42.  If that's what I'm running I'll actually do worse this time around then I did on my first run...that's not good.  
    This weekend plus Monday and Tuesday is fall break for me.  My goal is to run 2 to 3 miles everyday on a surface that is not a treadmill.  I'm going to run my street, around the park that's a couple miles away, anywhere to see how well I can do.  I need some out-of-doors training to go with my indoors training.  I feel strong, but I'm not sure if that will translate to me doing better then my last race.  My goal is to run more during this race and beat my last time.  So if I come in at 37 minutes I'll have beat it (I want to do better then that though).
   Also, since this is a charity race, I need to raise some dollars for it.  So if you have 10.00 or so you could donate to the cause please do so HERE .  My goals is only 150.00 dollars. Unfortunately I'm still 150.00 away from reaching it.  So if you can spare some please do and thank you in advance.  15 days to go, woohoo.

I'm also cross-posting this at my other blog Jackie's Junk Drawer.

No comments:

Post a Comment