Thursday, November 3, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

Well, the gym anyway. I went to my fitness class today. We did a circuit of spin bikes, push ups, plancks, mountain climbers, box jumps, then a ab pyramid. They did anyway. Me, I couldn't do the mountain climbers or box jumps due to my bum foot. I did the bikes, a modified push up (the girlie ones), a modified planck (knees on ground), and tried to do step ups but ended up doing squats and the ab pyramid.
My darn ankle kept popping when trying to do step ups, so it's obviously not ready to handle much weight yet. It did fine on the bike, and the trainer said that the stationary/spin bikes were good for bad ankles since there's little to no pressure on it. He also told me to do calf raises in a doorway, using the doorway for support, to help strengthen my ankle.
It felt so good to get a workout in, can't wait till I'm back running again. I know it will take a bit of time, and I'm trying to resist the urge to push my ankle. So I'm going to look up and plan my own recovery/rehab workouts to make sure I don't lose any muscle that I've worked so hard to gain. Also I want to encourage my ankle to heal properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment