Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ground Beef Stir Fry



This is just a quick and easy dinner I made the other night. It was too hot to spend too much time in the kitchen. I had a couple bags of mixed stir fry veggies and 1 1/2 lbs of ground chuck so I decided to make this.

Ground Beef Stir Fry
sorry not a better picture, having to use my phone's camera.

Ground Beef Stir Fry
serves 6. I didn't figure out the nutrition data on this one.

  • 1 1/2 to 2 lbs of Ground Chuck (the leaner the better, ours is lean enough that there is no grease left over to drain.)
  • 2 packages of mixed veggies (I used a package of asparagus stir fry and a package of sweet snap stir fry veggies)
  • 1 tablespoon of soy sauce (approx.)
  • 1 tsp of garlic powder (approx.)
  • 2 tsp of black pepper (approx.)
  • 1 tsp salt (approx.)
  • 1 tablespoon of dried onion flakes (approx.)
  • 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce (approx.)
  • 1 tsp of Cumin seeds (approx.)
  • 1 tsp of red pepper flakes (approx.)
  • 1 cup dry pearled barley (cook barley to package directions)
This meal couldn't be easier to fix. In a large skillet (I used a large cast iron) you cook the beef till all brown and crumbly. You add the frozen veggies and the seasonings/sauces(all my amounts are approximate because I just threw stuff in, so just go to taste on everything). I also put about 1/4-1/2 cup of water in when I put in the veggies to steam everything a bit. Cook till veggies are hot. Serve over barley (or brown rice, whole wheat egg noodles or whatever you like). We had some leftovers so I froze that for a soup/stew later.

No comments:

Post a Comment