Saturday, August 20, 2011

39:40

That is my unofficial time, the little card they handed to me said 173. So, I was 173rd place, kind of in the middle of the pack. The backside of the middle but still the middle. Did I run the entire 3.1 miles? Nope, I ended up having to walk up a couple of the hills. I made a plan, I would walk up the tallest hills, run down every hill and try to run up the smaller ones. I also tried to run the straight/flattish stretches. It worked most of the time, I did end up walking part way on a smaller hill. I ran the last stretch. I wanted to stop and walk, at the same time I didn't want to end that way.
So I ran, I smiled at the cameras at the finish. I smiled when they told me it was over and I could slow down now. My hand shook as I was filling out the little card with my name, age, gender. I still smiled. I'm still smiling, I did it. I ran my first 5k in under 40 minutes. It may of been just under, but it's still under.
I keep going between being tired and just feeling like I need to do more. I've found the energy that's been missing the past couple of weeks. So glad to have it back.
The Hubby snapped this pic at the starting area.

No comments:

Post a Comment