Friday, August 19, 2011

Tomorrow is the Big Day

I'm getting myself totally nervous. I'm not sure I'm ready for the 3.1 miles. I tell myself if I can run two miles I can run three. However, lately I've been pushing to get those two miles finished. Two weeks ago I felt ready. Since then I've just felt tired. I would run a mile, mile and a half and be like "That's it, I'm done". I've not done anything but run, no weights, or aerobic exercises. I've only been running 2-3 times a week. I've not had any energy really.
I'm scared that I'll make a fool of myself tomorrow. Then I think, no one running is going to say I'm a fool. No one watching is going to say or think that. They're going to think good job, no matter how badly I do. I most likely won't be last. I probably won't finish in 30 minutes like I'm hoping. 40 minutes is okay too, 45 is fine as well. I'll probably be just ahead of the walkers. I'll most likely have to walk a little myself.
I've read mixed advise on whether or not to run a day before a 5k. Most said that if you do run make it an easy one. So I'm going to go out here in about half an hour and jog aiming for 2-3 miles. Then I'll eat breakfast and do some cleaning. I think my plan today is going to be to just try and stay busy. I don't want to sit on my butt reading all day, I want to stay up and moving keeping my muscles going. I don't want to do any heavy exercising because running with sore muscles isn't fun (I've done that several times the past couple months).
I'm also going to eat light today. No heavy meals for me. Probably either stir fry or soup for dinner. I'm also going to drink nothing but water (after this last sip of coffee). Tomorrow is suppose to be the hottest day of the week (97 for a high, at race time it's going to be around 80 with humidity near 80%). I've already been training in those conditions, my body should recognize it and not be too affected by it (I hope).
I've got pre-race jitters 24 hours before the race, but I'm also ready to sign up for my next one. I'll do this, I'll finish as strong as I can, then I'll start training for the next one. I'm just keeping in mind that there are no losers, if you cross that finish line you've won.

No comments:

Post a Comment