Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Salmon Lettuce Wrap

This was my lunch and dinner yesterday. I'm not a big fan of salmon but this wasn't too bad. I did remark to Hubby though that if I'm going to be eating fish for lunch I really need to bring some gum or mints for afterwards. I spent most of the afternoon worrying about my breath.

Salmon Lettuce Wrap
servings: 3-4, calories per serving: approx 232 (if making 4), carbs 3g, fat 12g, protein 27 g.

1 small can of salmon (drained well)
3-4 lettuce leaves
1 tsp miracle whip
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3-4 slices provolone cheese
approx 1 tbsp of nut/seed trail mix

Okay this couldn't be easier. You put the cheese on the lettuce leaf. Next put about a tablespoon or so of salmon. Mix together miracle whip, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper and garlic powder. Put about a teaspoon of dressing on salmon (could probably mix it in with the salmon before putting the salmon on the lettuce). Sprinkle a teaspoon (about a pinch if not more) trail mix (mine had sunflower seeds, soy nuts, peanuts and raisins) if desired. Roll it up, or fold it, the best you can and enjoy.
I recommend draining the salmon very well, because this becomes messy if you don't. I didn't, so I had some liquid coming out of my wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment