Monday, August 29, 2011

Back to Class and Trying for a Healthy Semester

My fall semester begins today. I have a crazy class schedule. Mondays I go from 8:15am to 11:15 am, then from 2:20pm to 3:45, then from 5:30p to 6:55. Tuesdays I got class from 9:40a-1105a then 5:30p-6:55p. Wednesdays is my late day where I got the same schedule as Monday plus a lab from 7p to 8:55p. Thursdays are the same as Tuesdays and no class on Fridays.
So, I've got huge stretches of time with no classes. I don't want to drive the 35-40 minute drive home only to have to return. We just don't have the extra fuel cost in our budget. So I've got time at the gym planned plus plenty of study time. I'm going to be bored out of my mind for part of the time.
So I need to think of a workout plan. I'm thinking to hit the legs and abs on Monday and Wednesday, then arms,back,shoulders on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Also 30-45 minutes cardio on either treadmill, stairclimber, elliptical, stationary bike, or combination of machines. I don't have any certain exercises planned out. I think with my gym it's better to have an open schedule. Some days I go in and you can get to the equipment fairly quick and easy. Some days it's super busy and you either adjust or wait.
I'm also going to be brown bagging it for class. I can't afford to eat on campus either financially or health-wise. Greasy burgers, pizza and Chinese food just isn't going to cut it this time. Okay maybe the occasional sushi dish will work in as a treat. Say if I pass a test I can have sushi, yum. Campus restaurants/food is expensive, like 3 dollars for a cup of grapes expensive. So it's much cheaper to fix my lunch and dinner at home and bring to class. I even bought this cute cooler to pack it in ( it's the same as this one but different pattern http://www.igloocoolers.com/Coolers_3/All-Coolers/Cooler-Tote-16-Black-White, mine has pink flowers on it). So today's lunch and dinner consists of salmon lettuce wraps, grapes, banana, and water to drink. Not a big lunch or dinner, I've also got a granola bar/meal bar to throw in just in case I get extra hungry. I'm throwing a beef roast with carrots and potatoes in the crockpot for the Hubby and kiddies so when I get home tonight I can also have a nibble of that if I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment