Saturday, August 13, 2011

Where's the workouts?

I haven't posted a workout for a few days, not because I've not done anything. I just haven't been doing much exercise-wise. I've been running 3-4 times a week and doing Jillian's 30 day shred 2-3 times a week and that's about it. My energy levels have been so low and other activities (namely schoolwork) have been high that it's affected my working out. I'm up at 4:30-5 six days a week and by 1pm I'm ready for a nap. By 7pm, I'm really dragging. I'm usually in bed around 9pm and asleep by 10 so I'm getting about 6 and a half hours of sleep a night. Sunday's I try to sleep in until about 7 or 8am. Yea, it sucks that sleeping till 7am is considered sleeping in. I guess it's a sign that I'm an adult, huh.

I've got my first 5k in many years one week from today. When I think how soon it is I start to feel the pre-race jitters already. I'm not sure I'm ready for it, but this is more of a test to see if I can do it then a race to win. If I can finish all 3.1 miles, running/jogging the whole way, I've won. If I can do it in about 30 minutes, I've really won. I'm still out-of-shape and so I'm not expecting to beat people who are more experienced runners. I'm happy with being in the middle of the pack (which is where I'm hoping I end up, I don't want to have to end up with the walkers).

So I've got a plan for working out for the next 7 days. It goes like this:

Saturday(today); Jillian's 30 day Shred, 45 minutes on the gazelle.
Sunday; 30 minutes of yoga, 30 minutes running(day 3 week 5 c25k)
Monday; day 1 week 6 c25k, Jillians 30 day Shred
Tuesday; day 2 week 6 c25k, lower body weight/resistance band workout
Wednesday; day 3 week 6 c25k, Jillians 30 day Shred
Thursday; either day 3 week 6 again or day 1 week 7, upper body weight/band workout
Friday; 30 minutes of yoga, otherwise a rest day full of drinking water in order to make sure I'm properly hydrated for the next days race.

I'm hoping this will help me be somewhat ready for next Saturday's race without making me too tired to do it. The Jillian's 30 day shred plus running combo leaves me with sore legs so doing it on Wednesday and then just running Thursday and only yoga Friday will hopefully give me time to get the soreness out and be ready to rock the race.

Also working on meal plans, once I get done inventorying my pantry. The fridge and freezers are done just got the pantry then to figuring out meals. Have 2 or 3 baseball games this week and one doctor's appointment(this dr usually runs about an hour behind, so 1:30 app't will start at around 2:30 and we'll probably get out close to 4 and home around 5). So need to plan either quick and easy or crockpot meals on those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment